Storm Chaser convention to be held at the Science Museum of Virginia
On Saturday, November 6, 2021 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, the Fourth Annual Mid-Atlantic ChaserCon (MACC) will be held at the Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 W. Broad St, Richmond VA.
The MACC highlights the extent, frequency and impact of severe weather events in the mid-Atlantic region.
Since 2018, the annual MACC event has featured presentations by National Weather Service meteorologists, broadcast media, consultant meteorologists, and the Storm Spotter and Storm Chaser communities.
This year’s MACC topics will include:
- State and local government emergency management perspectives on storm reports.
- A discussion of “squall lines” (quasi-linear convective systems).
- The Value of Storm Chasers, by a chief meteorologist of Tulsa OK television (virtual presentation).
- Interpretation of radar information during severe weather events.
- A Storm Chaser panel discussion of the Severe Mid-Atlantic Storm Season 2021. – An interview with David Hoadley, the “Father of American Storm Chasers.”
Information and updates will be posted on Facebook (@midatlanticchasercon) and Twitter (@Mchasercon). Advance entry tickets can be purchased through the event website (midatlanticchasercon.com) starting September 15e 2021.