The Bay Area Discovery Museum is open for winter vacation!
The Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM) will be open all week for the mid-winter holidays! Usually open Wednesday through Sunday, the museum will be open for hands-on educational entertainment Monday through Sunday, February 21-27, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Explore exhibits such as “Try It Studio” and “How Things Work,” Gumnut Grove’s new outdoor feature and special Mid-Winter 2022 programming.
Special programming includes a special Try It Truck tour on Monday, February 21, from 10 a.m. to noon, where you can join BADM educators to design and test the vehicles of the future with BADM’s own mobile engineering lab.
Other Mid-Winter Break programs include:
- Skating without ice: Discover all the pleasure of ice skating, without winter equipment required! Open every day
- Exterior Painting Gallery: Fill the frames! Paint a masterpiece in the museum’s open-air art gallery. Open every day
- Fort Baker Battery Exploration: Join a BADM educator for a guided walk and learn about the nature and historic military batteries surrounding the museum. Thursday, February 24 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Hopscotch around the world: Join BADM educators to play “hopscotch” games from countries around the world. February 21 to 23, 11 a.m. and February 24, 2 p.m.
- BADM band practice: No audition necessary to join the BADM group! Enjoy a musical experience when we play together. February 21, 22, 23 and 25, 2 p.m.
- Science Theater: Dive “under water” to meet Lottie the otter and her river friends! Explore ecosystems and environmental science in this one-of-a-kind fun workshop. Capacity is limited, registration is recommended. February 25, 10:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.; Register here.
If you are going to
The museum’s interior and exterior spaces are open to the public and advance reservations are required. Mid-winter break hours are Monday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Regular hours are Wednesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed Monday and Tuesday. Member time is 9-10 a.m.
Admission is free for members, $15 for infants 6-11 months and seniors 65 and over, $18 for children 1-17 and adults 18-64, 16 $ for people aged 65 and over and $1 for EBT cardholders. Families can also get a pass for up to 6 entries at their local branch of the Marin County Free Library. Make your reservations in advance online here.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum is located at 557 McReynolds Road in Sausalito, at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge.